Monday, July 30, 2012

Lots of Made-its! :)

     Good morning!  Yay for another Monday Made-it with 4th Grade Frolics (although these Mondays take me hours to get through everyone who links up, lol).  Well this week I was a busy girl!  Yesterday was my parents 45th anniversary so I made a lot of stuff in honor of that this week, but I did get school stuff done too.
     Okay well first off, my younger sister and I had an Olympic opening ceremony party and we made some yummy snacky foods for it, but my surprise contribution to the party was this:
my Olympic rings sugar cookie with M&Ms.  I thought it turned out well.  
     Now onto my parents anniversary, I made this for my parents as part of their gift.  
Then I love to bake, so I made these for them too.  
My interpretation replica of their wedding cake.  My parents wedding cake was a 5 tier white cake with strawberry filling with lily of the valley flowers and white bells.  So to make my 5 tiers, I used my torte pan, a regular cake pan, a small cake pan, a cupcake, and a mini-cupcake.  I did put strawberry filling in it too and put fake lily of the valley from Michaels and little silver bells with bows on it too.  Then I added the blue 45 (45 is Sapphire).  This was all for a surprise dinner party my 4 siblings and I had for my parents at my house on Saturday night.  My parents not knowing about it (obviously) planned an outdoor lunch by the lake for Sunday and my dad asked me to make a dessert for that, so I made these:
they are the super soft sugar cookies you can buy in the store (that usually have sprinkles on them), but I made them.  They turned out fine and everyone enjoyed them today.  I thought they would be the easiest thing to transport and have outside.  It was such a beautiful day to be out too!  
     Now for school, I laminated all of the things that I have printed so far while I was watching the Olympics.  I also made my birthday chair covers, which was inspired by this picture:
The link didn't go to anywhere, but this picture.  Now I can't sew, so I looked at that and thought, I wonder if I could use a pillowcase and iron on transfers.  So that's what I did.  Here's mine:
I got the pillowcases at Marshalls.  They were on sale for $5.99 for 2.  I got 2 packs, so I'd have 4.  I had one year where I had 3 students who had the exact same birthday and 1 the day before, so I thought, I'll make 4 to be safe.  lol  You can get my iron-on transfer print out here for free, if you're interested.  After I ironed the transfer on, I folded the bottom of the pillowcase up, to make the pillowcase shorter and then ironed it again.  I may cut holes in the sides and add ribbon if I feel it needs to be tighter around the chairs.  So this will go on their chair when we celebrate their birthday.  I'm excited for it and I'm sure the kids will be too.  
      So there are all my made-its for this week!  Whew!  lol  Now this morning I'm off to school to copy my Welcome letter so my school can send them out to my future students and I want to get a peak on how my classroom looks and try to remember to pick up my craft sticks so I can make my brain break and sight word sticks.  Have a great Monday and can't wait to see all of the neat ideas for this week!  :)
If you're here from Classroom freebies, click the link above to get my birthday chair cover template for free.  :)
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

8 comments:

  1. I love your Olympics rings! How clever. Your chair cover is a great idea, too. Using a pillow case will probably be easier to clean than whatever the source used.
    Have a great day!
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on Made it Monday linky! I love to connect with other inspiring teachers! I am your newest follower! I am going to go back and read some of your older post!
Layla
    Check out my blog too!
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bday chair covers are fantastic! I LOVE them. I definitely would love to make something like that too. I don't know how to sew either, but your iron on turned out great.

    And can we just say WOW to all the amazing things you did for your parents anniversary!!?!?! That cake turned out just beautiful!

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Classroom Freebies. Thanks so much for the cute birthday idea! I'm your newest follower. Check out my blog at Teaching Third

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the kind words! You're making my day!! :) Yay for new followers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome crafts - those Olympic cookies look terrific! Well done!!

    Hilary
    Rockin' Teacher Materials

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I love sugar cookies! I so have to do the pillowcase Happy Birthday cover. That is just way too cute. Thanks for sharing.

    Learning With Susie Q

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...I just found your blog and am now a follower. I'd love for you to visit back and check out my blog (and enter my giveaway, if you'd like).
    Amy
    Adventures In Teaching

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)