Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Shops Up

It's been a little crazy here for me.  My fridge died so my roommate and I had to get rid of all of the food and get a new one but it's not being delivered until tomorrow, so there has been a lot of eating out.  Then my co-teacher got back to me on all of the stuff I've been making and it's all set to go up for sale on Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook.  So I figured out how to do that and uploaded all 8 items to both shops, which took a while as I learned the ropes.  Now I've spent a ton of time trying to figure out how to add buttons of my shops to this blog for easy access.   I'm not sure if I succeeded or not.  I also haven't figured out how to comment directly to the person who comments.  I don't have a reply button to click under the name and all of the settings it tells me to check on are correct, so I guess I'll just keep trying to figure it out.  Luckily Google is my friend.  I use it all of the time, so I'm sure eventually I'll find the correct answer!  Also, I was excited to see that I have 4 followers.  Wow!  Thanks for trying me out!
Today I took a little break out of my day and treated my niece and me to the movie Brave.  It doesn't matter that she's almost 16 and I'm 32, we had a great time!  I think she needed to see this movie as she doesn't always treat her mom (my sis) the best.  lol  So that was a fun thing to do during summer break. I'm also working on more school stuff, but I ran out of ink so I'm waiting for my order from amazon to come in, which will bring me ink and laminating pouches.  Then I can get back to work.  I'm also trying my hand at making other things that I get inspired from, which had me create a freebie I will be posting at a later date, probably for Freebie Friday.  So be on the look out for that.
I'm going to leave you with a pic of my first unit I created.  It goes with the Macmillian/McGraw-Hill Treasures reading series for 2nd grade Start Smart Unit.  I always feel like when I'm teaching that unit, it needs a little more, so I added in some extra things I do and more.  Most of the activities (since it's a review) could be used at younger grade levels as it's almost all making words and words sorts for the short vowel sounds.  If it's anything you'd be interested in, trying clicking one of the buttons on the side to go to whichever shop you prefer to download it.  :)  Also I THINK if you do the download preview on tpt the short a making words is in the preview that you can download for free to use.  So bonus!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)