Monday, July 23, 2012

My 3rd Monday Made-it and Manic Monday :)

       Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
 
     I have such fun making this stuff and getting ideas!!  So happy for the chance to share with anyone interested!  This week I got a lot of little projects done.  Ones that have been on my to-do list since the end of the school year (when I start making my list so I don't forget everything I want to do for the next school year!)  So here's a picture of some of what I got accomplished this week.  :)
     We'll go from left to right.  So I too, HAD to make the lightbulb moment basket.  I loved the idea and I really want to try this year to have more movement in my room, especially for those that need it, and love that this is a quiet, great way for them to get a bit.  It took me 2 Targets to get 10 of the lightbulbs.  lol  All the rest of you are out buying them too!  ;)  In case you haven't gotten the link from the other people who've made and posted it already, here it is again.  
     As I said, I want to incorporate more movement in my classroom throughout the day, so I had pinned this a while back (click on the picture to get the sticks).  
I knew that I wanted to do something like this.  So I bought one of those empty quart paint cans from lowes, put scrapbooking paper and ribbon around it, and typed up the label.  I haven't been able to make the sticks yet because they are in my classroom.  I have a ton there, so I didn't want to buy more just to make them, when I can make them when I can get into my classroom.  
     I was also inspired by this on pinterest
and I thought, I totally need this for all of the bingo chips, plastic coins, cards, and other math manipulatives that my students find after we've cleaned up and end up going on my desk.  I thought this way, they can put it in there and then the next time we pull out one of the manipulatives and they don't have enough, they can go look in there and see if the missing piece is there.  I got the basket for $1 at Michaels and then made the sign on my computer and tacky glued it on.  (I tacky glued on all of my signs.)  Here is a freebie of my Brain Break and Math Lost and Found sign if you would care for it.  
     Then I made the highlighter cup.  I had thought of making it and starting it after spring break, but I thought that would confuse my students to have to start doing it then when they hadn't been doing it all year, so I saved to do it for this upcoming year.  That way it will be from the start.  My inspiration:
This was one of the very first things I pinned when I joined pinterest.  If you click on the link above, it will take you to the website and you can download her label for free.  That's what I did.  I used a Planters mixed nuts container that I washed and let air dry and the label was a bit big, so I had to cut off the dotted border.  I put scrapbooking paper, ribbon, and the label and now it's waiting for highlighters to go in it.  
     The last thing I made was the paperclip bookmarks.  You can see a better picture of them below:
I got the paperclips in the Walmart 88 cent aisle (4 come in a package).  When I saw them, I thought, I can make those bookmarks I've seen floating around!  I got my ribbon at Michaels.  Each spool was only 50 cents and they are ready to go for my new students.  
     So I gave you one little freebie above, but I have another one for Classroom Freebies Manic Monday.  I also decided to do the behavior charts this year, where you recognize good behavior too.  I love my behavior chart now, which is a magnetic stoplight poster, because I love that it doesn't take up as much space (it's just on the side of my whiteboard).  I love the idea of being able to recognize the students more who are doing awesome though, so I decided to make this one from Sunny Days in 2nd Grade:
So I recreated it on my computer, but I haven't printed it out yet.  I'm going to print it out and laminate it and then stick it to my board where my my stoplight was, so it's still not taking up other space I need (I had thought of using my magnet paper, but that doesn't always hold up for very long).  Instead of clothespins, I'm going to make those glass pebble magnets with my students names on them to use to move around (that's my goal for today, find the right size glass pebbles).  So on to the freebie.  I made a form that my students will fill out during the week and then take home at the end of the week to go along with the behavior chart so parents can see how they've been doing and can get those positive notes home too for when they go above and beyond.  
Just click on the picture to get it.  I figure if the key at the bottom doesn't work for you, you could always cut it off and copy it without that (otherwise I cans send you the editable version, just leave me a comment asking for it).  I liked how it showcased their week, made them accountable, and gave them a goal to work towards.  So there is my LONG post for today.  Have a fabulous day!  Can't wait to see what everyone else has made to get even more great ideas!!  :)
      Don't forget to stop by Swimming in Second for Day 5 of her 10 Day Giveaway.  Today it's a $10 amazon gift card.  I know those never last long with me!  :)




12 comments:

  1. Okay, I have been seeing those lightbulbs everywhere - I have to get my tush to Target!! And I love the brain breaks :)

    Just found your blog!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are AWESOME! Little things that make our classroom lives a little easier are always at the top of my list!

    Nikki
    uncommontothecore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so making a missing parts bucket. Also a highlighter bucket to remind my students to write their names on their papers. I love your ideas. I have given you an award on my blog. Please stop by and get it.

    Sue

    A Rainbow of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am using the highlighter bucket this year. It is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ideas! Could you please send me an editable version of your weekly behavior chart to leonardi.bethany@gmail.com ? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi could you please send me an edible version of your behavioral chart at brianaborquez64@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi could you please send me an edible version of your behavioral chart at brianaborquez64@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. could you please send me an editable version of your weekly behavior note? my email is bjones1378@gmail.com thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi could you please send an editable version of your behavior chart? thank you iselamonster@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you please send me the edited version of your weekly behavior note? tarrantsummer@ymail.com
    Thanks,
    Mrs. King

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)