Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday, Monday

I had a very nice Sunday.  Relaxed, did a bit of shopping, and then went over to a friend's house for a dinner party.  Loved it.  So today I'm going to link up with Classroom Freebies Manic Monday AND 4th Grade Frolics Monday Made-it!
I'll start with Monday Made-it!
So for my first Monday Made-it, I'm going to show you my pinterest inspired craft I made for my niece who was born last month.  I gave this to my sister at her baby shower.  It's one of those monogrammed button pictures.  Since the nursery is pink, white, and dark cherry wood furniture, I went with an assortment of pinkish buttons (which I picked up at Archivers), the pretty pink and white patterned scrapbook paper, and white shadow box frame (both from Michaels).

I have a Silhouette SD die-cutting machine, so what I did was I bought 2 of those scrapbooking papers and I used one to cut the A out first.  So I picked a font on my computer that I liked the way the A looked (I don't even remember what font it is, sorry!) and then my machine cut it out for me.  Then I glued the A on top of the paper to camoflage it and give me a template to glue the buttons on top of.  I LOVED the way it turned out and now it is hanging in her nursery when you first walk in.  
My 2nd Monday Made-it! is for my classroom.  I got this idea from Classroom DIY.  It's a duct tape baggie quilt.  When I saw it, I knew I wanted to make it as a boggle board for my classroom.  That way I wouldn't need a bulletin board, I could hang it where I have a free space.  
Now my classroom has a rainforest theme, and my district has gone for the brain research where you don't want too many colors or patterns or anything, so for the rainforest I have different greens with some brown thrown in.  Because of this, I went with the plain green duck tape.  There were also a lot of great boggle letters out in blog land, but they didn't fit my color pattern, so I made my own with the green circles and brown letters.  Then I just glued them on some muted green patterned scrapbook paper.  Again, very happy with the way it turned out and excited to use it this year.  Hopefully my students will be too!  I'm including my word doc of my boggle letters for free, in case someone would like to use it and customize it to the colors that fit your room.  The font I used is Pea KT Polkie Dot from KevinandAmanda.com .  
So those are my 2 Monday Made-its with a little freebie in there.  Now for my freebie for Manic Monday.  It's a small freebie too.  I am loving all of the behavior prize coupons that everyone has out now and can't wait to use that in my classroom this year instead of buying stuff!  I have downloaded and printed quite a few out, but I made some of my own for other things I wanted and hadn't seen prize coupons for.  So you can download my 18 prize coupons too (6 different kinds, 3 of each).  :)

Have a great Monday!  I think I'm going to go to Michaels and use their 25% off entire purchase coupon to pick up some ribbon to make those large paperclip/ribbon bookmarks for my class this year with the clips I got for 88 cents at Walmart (see post here).  :)
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

10 comments:

  1. Your baggie quilt came out really well. I made one for our language arts fair a million years ago and it was so difficult for me to create straight lines. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as yours, but it worked. Ha!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I did rip a couple of baggies, trying to get it straight and line up! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my.gosh. Your A is just beautiful! Love it!

    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both turned out so awesome. I LOVE the thought of using the baggy quilt for boggle! Duh! I've been wanting to do boggle, and now this makes it so super easy. Thanks for the share!

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gift you made for your niece is so sweet! I love it. Very smart to use a template. I've been wondering how people were getting them to turn out so well! I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am your newest follower! Thanks for sharing!
    I am your newest follower! I am a new blogger and love connecting with other teachers!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the a I am going to be making two of those for my two new great nieces. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks wonderful! =)

    Have you ever seen baggie graphs?


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the baggie graph on someone's Made-it I think. We have dry erase ones like that which our school ordered from Really Good Stuff one year. So nice to find inexpensive alternatives!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your boggle board and your baby gift is precious. Thanks for sharing and for linking up:0)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)