Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Made it!

Hello!  Okay, now along with the freebie I posted yesterday for the Classroom Freebies Manic Monday link up, I thought I would join in on the fun Monday Made it with 4th Grade Frolics as I love to make things.
So the first made it is fruit kabobs that I made for 4th of July, which I got from pinterest.  There was no link to it except to the picture (below, I didn't take a picture of mine).
This was a lot of fun to make and really easy.  The fruit was on sale and I already had the wooden skewers at home.  So I started with the blueberries, put 6 on and then went back and forth with the strawberries and bananas.  I cut the strawberries in half lengthwise and tried to cut my banana pieces the same size.  Then I went on to the skewers with no blueberries.  I used my extra blueberries to fill in the gaps on the platter in between the skewers of blueberries.  It was so much nicer to grab a skewer of fruit instead of trying to scoop it out of a bowl, as fruit can sometimes not want to cooperate when trying to do that!  Everyone thought it was fun and it held up on the 107+ degree day!
Now the next made it is the fun Teacher's Toolbox that has been floating around all of the blogs as well.  I first saw the idea at Fun in 4B.  She was wonderful because if you click on the link to her blog she has an editable template that you can use!  She was inspired by a different site Create*Think*Share and that site also has a template that you can download and use, but it's a pdf (still super nice though).  I wanted to change some things so I used the word doc template.  Here's mine below.
I left my toolbox in the blue color it came in as all of the built-ins in my room are blue anyway so I thought it would go.  I wanted to be able to print right on the scrapbooking paper and I had a hard time finding an 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbooking paper I liked.  I liked this one, even though the dark purple line really cuts through it.  I added pictures to mine so in case I needed a student to get something, they would be able to see which drawer it was in.  So you can see most of them are self-explanatory.  Taken is for when I have to take lego men or bak-u-gans or bouncy balls or anything else from students during class, as a place for it to hang-out so my desk doesn't eat it before the end of the day.  The small ones say: large paper clips, small paper clips, push pins, glue sticks (because these are for my personal use glue sticks I use for my art examples.  I usually only keep 2 on my desk), rubber bands, change (coins), clips, white out, erasers, command strips (I love to use those to hang things in my classroom at the beginning of the year for things I'm not going to move during the year, as even though we have air conditioning in my building it can still get humid and things fall off the wall), brads (brass fasteners), misplaced items (small manipulatives my kids find around the room, a place for it until I can put it away, so my desk doesn't eat it), staples, and rings.  If you want a copy of my pdf with the pics, just leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.  It was easy to make thanks to Fun in 4B's template.  I just changed up the words to fit my needs, added the pictures, printed it right on the scrapping paper, cut out the boxes, put glue that would dry clear around the edges and stuck them in the drawers.  Now hopefully my desk can be a little more organized throughout the year (a girl can hope right?).  My next made it mission (besides all the academic stuff I'm currently making, printing, laminating) is to do my boggle board for my room this year.  :) 

7 comments:

  1. I would love a copy of your PDF. My email is littledee5@gmail.com. Thanks so much! ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fruit kabobs!!! So fun and patriotic!!! Bet they were yummy!!! Your teacher toolbox turned out great too!!! Thanks for linking up and I hope you can come back next week with more fun inspirations:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fruit kabobs are so cute!! Love your teacher's toolbox! I made one a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the creative and patriotic fruit kabobs. They look wonderful.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! I enjoyed linking up and sharing it with you. Love to make things and these were a lot of fun to make. Can't wait to do more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fruit kabobs! Your toolbox looks fantastic too! I love the pictures on it. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love a copy of your drawer labels.
    minivanlibrarian@yahoo.com

    Thanks
    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)