Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

     I always love having this holiday right away.  It makes it easier to relax and catch up on some things now that the school year is in full swing.  I had Back-to-School Night (open house basically) this past week so there was a lot of getting ready for that.  You can read all about that here.  So I don't really have a lot to add to the Monthly Monday Made-it, except some desserts to show you.  I did make a new Treasures unit for my tpt store, but I don't have it up yet as it's being looked over to make sure I don't have any typos.  So onto my desserts.
     My first dessert is this Brownie Cookie Pie recipe.  I watch my 4 year old niece Josie a couple of Saturdays when she's in town.  Every time I watch her, we bake, which we both love.  So this time I went through pinterest to see what desserts I had pinned and if I had the ingredients to make them.  I had the Betty Crocker cookie mix, but not the brownie mix so we made brownies from scratch.  Came out delicious.  Definitely very rich, so small slices are the way to go.
 This is the pic from pinterest.  I didn't take a pic of mine, but it looked just like this. 
We brought it to my parents house.  I go there every Saturday for dinner and when I have Josie, my brother picks her up from there and stays for dinner.  My brother-in-law was out of town so my sister and her daughter also came over for dinner.  My eldest sister lives half a block from my parents, so my Dad invited their family over too since so many of us were coming over anyway.  The funny thing was that my mom had made dessert and my eldest sister also brought dessert.  It was still yummy.
     Now every Labor Day my eldest sister hosts the family cookout for the holiday.  I'm also on dessert patrol so I went through my pins again and decided to make pie pops.  I just changed it up to be circles instead of rectangles and I put blue frosting on them instead of pink so they'd be more patriotic.
Here they are finished, waiting to go.  
I'm pretty excited to have one of these as they smelled delicious.  Also I got 10 out of the recipe, which I think is good so there won't be any leftovers.  I'm also bringing the rest of the brownie cookie pie that wasn't eaten as well.  
     So those are my made-its this week.  I hope everyone has a fantastic day!  :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am hungry just looking at your pictures. How delicious!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever!
    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)