Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patty's Day in Review :)

So last night when I linked up for the fabulous Monday Made-It I said I would try really hard to get back on today to post my pics of everything I talked about.  I'm here!  I did it!  :)
When the kids came in the classroom they found this on their desks,

their bag of Lucky Charms (I bought a big bag of the generic stuff and 1 box of the real stuff and mixed it together so that everyone would have some of the real in their bag) and a 4-leaf clover sticker to wear (in case they didn't wear green or just to be festive).  They were very appreciative about it (which is so nice) and some of them even replied that they were so lucky to have me as a teacher, which was so sweet and a great way to start the morning.
For morning work they had an old St. Patrick Day worksheet of words to unscramble.  Later they had a couple more St. Patrick Day themed papers to do as well.
Our PTO got the Earth Dome again this year.  We've had it in the past, but it's been a few years and it's very cool so after lunch it was our scheduled time to go do that, which they loved.  After learning about the outside, you actually get to go inside too.
That ate up almost 40 minutes of our math time so when we got back we didn't have time for the math game so I had 2 St. Patrick Day themed math papers ready to go as well which filled that time very nicely.  After math the students go off to specials.  While they were in specials I got the little surprises ready.  
The first was the green coin and card.  
Then I had to get the Rainbow Treasure Hunt ready.  
Halloween cauldron doing double-duty.  :)
After I picked up the kiddos and we had our bathroom break, before we entered the room, I told them that there was some St. Patrick's Day fun and surprises waiting for them in the room but I needed them to be good listeners, follow directions, not ask a million questions when they went in the room, but to just sit down and wait for directions.  They were very excited and I got a chorus of how I was the best teacher ever (Thank you Teri from Cupcake for the Teacher for making me "the best teacher ever!"  lol).  They did a really great job with all of that.  They were excited about the "good luck" coins and loved that they could keep them.  lol  Then I explained the directions of the treasure hunt.  I told them that there could be no running or pushing or they would have to sit out.  I also told them that they would have to work all together to figure out the clues and whoever got to the clue first could grab the clue and read it aloud to everyone.  They had a great time with it.  
On the hunt…
The very last clue (before the prize) is to look under your chair.  Well I had taped it to the underneath of my helper of the day's chair.  They all looked on the floor under their chairs.  lol  Then I told them that it was taped to the underneath of a chair.  No one could find it.  I said it IS taped to the underneath of one of the chairs, if you have to, turn your chair upside down.  Then the clue was found, which said where the pot of gold was located, "where your teacher sits."  I had placed it under my desk.  
It took a little bit for them to find it.  I had my chair pushed in.  They were looking all over the top of my desk.  Then some decided to look for it in my comfy chair where I do my read alouds before someone finally found it under my desk and passed out the treats to everyone.  They were very thankful again.  So it was a very nice day and the class had a fun time.  
Tomorrow they learn about the Flat Stanley spring break project and get to start coloring their Stanleys. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)