Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 2 :)

So here it is the start of my 2nd week of summer vacation.  Woohoo!  It is also my 2nd link up with Monday Made-It! for the summer (even though I'm later with posting this week).

So last week was busy for me.  Tuesday I baby-sat my niece Josie who is here all summer from Texas. My brother has shared custody of her so before it was 6 weeks here, 6 weeks in TX.  Now that she will be starting kindergarten, she will be in Texas during the school year and here during all of her breaks.  2 of my sisters and I take turns watching her while my brother is at work.  My other 2 sisters do most of the watching as usually I'm teaching, but with summer I'm able to help out more.  So Josie came over and we went Father's Day shopping and we made a present for her to make for her Dad for Father's Day.  
Just a simple large popsicle stick frame that she decorated.  
She picked out the color of the sticks and then I helped her glue it together.  Then I helped her spell out Daddy's Girl and she put all of the stickers on herself.  Then I took a picture, printed it out, glued it to the back, and added some leftover baseball ribbon I had.  She was very excited about it, but did manage to wait until Sunday to give it to him.  
Also, as I have mentioned (and you can see on the blog), I'm going to Disney before school starts again in August (48 Days!).  I'm super excited about this as I have done 2 different day trips to Disney, but I have never done a whole week long vacation there!  I'm going with my younger sister's family (her daughter, husband, and father-in-law).  I've been the planner for the whole trip and have booked things.  So I found online to do a movie and meal countdown before going.  My sister and I made a list of the movies we thought Brynn should see or watch again before our trip and planned meals and activities to go with each one.  So our first one was Cinderella.  My sister had already planned her menu for the week before we decided to do this.  She was having chicken kievs and rice so we figured Cinderella was a fancy movie for a fancy meal.  
The little menu I created.
We then took the suggestion and borrowed some of my parents' china to serve the dinner on and we dressed up.  I also made the Strawberry Soup from the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare and pumpkin cream cheese truffles for dessert (I dyed the almond bark orange to really go for the little pumpkin look too).  While my sister was finishing the meal, the girls and I (my nieces Brynn and Josie, as my sister was watching her that day) made magic wands using wooden skewers, fun foam stars I had gotten from Michaels and different ribbon that I had.  I thought the stars were stickers, but they weren't so I used tacky glue to glue them together.  Here's mine:
We waved them around during Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo.  Before dessert we each colored a coloring page too.  The girls had a lot of fun.  :)  
Friday my sister, Jodie, and Brynn came over to my house for a sleepover.  My brother-in-law has been out of town so we thought it would be fun to do while he's gone and to see how Brynn does not sleeping at home (to prepare for our trip).  We went to Panera for dinner and then came back to my house and I made mickey mouse ice creams to eat for dessert.  
It's just cookies and cream frozen yogurt, oreos for the ears and chocolate chips for the eyes and nose. 
We wore our Minnie ears that I bought from ebay and watched some Mickey Mouse movies on Netflix while we ate our ice cream.  
Then Saturday while Jodie and Brynn were still at my house, I watched Josie again and we bought the fabric we need to make our Disney shirts we'll be making.  Then Sunday we went to my parents to celebrate Father's Day (I made a cake for my dad for Father's Day too of course).  So it has been busy!  
Tomorrow Jodie, Brynn, and Jaslene (a cousin Brynn's age that Jodie watches) will be coming to my house for a Beauty and the Beast lunch.  I'll talk about everything we're doing for that, next week!  
I also made this wreath for my Mom.  It's just 2 in. strips of different fabric that I pinned to the back of a wreath.  Then I made those little stars by accordion folding some of the extra white fabric and running a needle and thread through it to close it together (I am NOT a sewer).  Then I glued the button into the middle of each and pinned them in place and added the ribbon to hang it with.  She has it hanging on their front door.  
So those are my made-its for this week!  :)  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of made-its. I just had one lol.

    That picture of your niece in her Mickey ears is adorable. She looks so excited!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)