Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday Made-it and Elfie!!

So I SHOULD be going to sleep right now because 6AM is going to come really soon and I'm not going to want to get up, but I'm blogging now anyway, because Monday Made-It, MAKES me blog at least once a month.  So I'm doing it!!!

So we'll start off with my Made-Its.  Again I don't have anything really for my classroom.  I kind of do with my Elf on the Shelf, so you'll see that a little later.  I'll show you the other Made-its I have though.
So for Thanksgiving, my sister, niece, and I made these cute little turkey napkin rings for everyone.
Do you see my niece photo bombing at the top of the photo!  Too funny!  
Then I wanted a winter wreath to replace the fall one I have in my classroom that I made last year so I made this yarn one.  
I got everything at Michaels.  That snowflake came in a pack of 6 for $1.99!!
Then I have my Christmas decorations up so I'm including that as a Made-It cause I made it happen!  lol  
My Department 56 North Pole/Elf Land village.  
My Christmas tree.  I used to work at Hallmark so I love ornaments!

Now on to my Elf, which is also kind of a Made-It.  So just like last year, Elfie came to visit this new class.  My elf writes my class letters to let them know he's keeping tabs on them and to give them encouragement for making good choices.  He doesn't do anything really silly because I don't want my kids to do anything silly or get worked up by the silly things he does.  So here are some pics of Elfie this past week:
He's back!  
Elfie decorated the room again with snowflakes and Christmas lights isn't that nice?  He stayed until 5PM on a half-day to get it done too!  ;)  
Day 2 he was next to my globe again.  I forgot to take a picture, but I have one from last year that you can look at if you want to see.  Just click on the Elf label on the side.  :)  
Day 3.  Hanging out above the cubbies.  Bribing the students to be good, and boy did it work!  16 kiddos moved up on the behavior chart after this note!
So the next day,
Thursday, little prize for some kiddos (bell garland, cut, pack of 16 bells $1 store)
Let me tell you everyone was really good after that too because they were hoping to get one the following day, no luck though.
And this is where Elfie was hiding on Thursday.  Hanging out with my snowman and leaving a note on how proud he was and how he told Santa about how awesome the class was.  
Friday I had Elfie on top of my Smartboard projector.  Again, forgot to take a pic, but again he was there last year so you can see a pic in the Elf section.  
The students will find him today by the clock and he is leaving another treat and note for students who moved up on the chart.  Really does seem to help and is fun!  
So those are my made-its and Elf scoop.  It has been one busy weekend!  Friday night was out til after 10PM for our annual girls family shopping night (first Friday in December) and got some more shopping done (still have more to do).  Saturday I watched my niece and we baked cookies for a cookie exchange we then went to and then I went to my parents for my weekly dinner and stayed until after 10PM watching Elf and helping them put up their Christmas decorations.  Then Sunday was our annual girls family cookie baking event, where we each pick 2 Christmas cookie recipes to bake and we get together at 1 house, help each other bake them and split them up for each other.  Here's what that looked like:
Everyone's containers lined up and filled.  
A close up of mine.  
Super fun, but busy, busy, busy.  Now I need to go to sleep.  Luckily we can wear jeans all this week if we pay $1 each day for charity, so I can get up and go more easily tomorrow.  
Happy Monday!!  
:)






2 comments:

  1. You have some really special family traditions. Wish my family lived closer. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Department 56 Christmas-Christmas in the City village. I love it, but didn't take it out this year because I will be out of town. It always makes me smile though!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)