Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Fun! :)

So yay for Thanksgiving Break!  :)  I'm always ready for one when the time comes!  :)
We started off the week with our Thanksgiving Friendship Feast on Monday.  I cooked the bird on Sunday and we were ready to go.  Everyone remembered to bring what they were supposed to and I had a lot of fabulous parent volunteers.  It was so much easier with their help.  We set up the food on the counter and then I called up groups of kids to fill their plates.  Our lunch tables were set up in the hallway for the students to go sit at.  They took their Native American paper placemats that they weaved and their headbands and were all set.  While the other students were waiting for food they watched Garfield's Thanksgiving.  Here are some photos from our feast.  :)
The bird, before I cut it all up.  
Lining up to get food.  
Feasting away.

Here are my November bulletin boards for the month.
First up is the pumpkin cut paper craft I got a LONG time ago that we do every couple years or so and a pumpkin acrostic poem.

 Here is a turkey glyph that we found somewhere online last year and it turned out cute and the kids wrote either a turkey story or what they were doing for Thanksgiving to go with it.
Here is the wall outside my room where I put the class writing we did together.  Here is our class how-to article on How to Make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.

Also as I'm sure you know TPT is having an after Thanksgiving sale Monday + Tuesday.  Teacher's Notebook is having one Saturday through Monday.  So stop by either of my shops to pick up my Treasures units for up to 28% off.  :)  Below you will find the button that the fabulous 3AM Teacher made to link up to the TPT sale.  Click below to go to my stores.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and fun shopping (either in store or online)!  :)

 

5 comments:

  1. Your Thanksgiving activities look like so much fun!!
    Cute blog theme! Glad I found it. I'm your newest follower!

    I'd love for you to swing by my blog!
    Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower! Your craftivities are super cute! :)
    I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime :)

    Bridget
    Little Lovely Leaders

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! Found you through the Cyber Monday link up! Your ideas and blog are wonderful! I nominated you for the Liebster award! Stop by my blog to check it out!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog from the Liebster nominations and I am glad I did! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of your blog! I am hoping you might be interested in joining my Winter Exchange Project! I am new to blogging and this is the first "big thing" I'm trying. Please consider joining along. All the info is on my bog: firstgradecarousel.blogspot.com ~Maria

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)